kernel café, toward alpha 1
I spent some time today in the data-hall, getting lighting setup, as well as a console. This weekend I aim to get the rack-boards installed on the walls.
Here are the alpha milestones I aim to reach before the service becomes initially shareable:
- Week 1: Initial network setup, first node with SSH cert sync
- Week 2: Tinkerbell setup and second node: Honeycomb LX2, installed via Tinkerbell. Trusted testers.
- Week 3: Third node: Mac Mini
- Week 4: Nodes 4 & 5, Public Kubernetes Cluster
- Week 5: Segregate Firewall, resource controls
For the SSH cert synchronization setup, I'm considering basing it on:
The missing component though is GitHub Org to UNIX users and groups, which should be easy enough to solve.